Physician Career Advisor
Discover physician career counseling for a changing healthcare marketplace.
And make your next step the right step, because it’s not just a job—it’s your life.
Get Roger involved early in your search, to start moving in the right direction. Or, bring him in after you have a proposed contract in hand. With decades of experience advising both physicians and physician employers, Roger offers a higher perspective on search and hiring. He’ll also help you avoid mistakes that are surprisingly common.
You know that maximizing your career opportunities isn’t just about income—it’s about lifestyle and professional satisfaction, both now and down the line. Whatever your circumstances, Roger can help you adapt to new marketplace realities—and come out ahead.
How it works:
• Consulting sessions can take place through video conferencing, phone calls, emails and in person.
• The cost of the physician career counseling package is $1875. Residents and Fellows can take advantage of a reduced rate of $875.
• The standard schedule is one consulting session a week for two to four weeks. Or we can create a customized program for you, and even keep the arrangement open-ended.
• Roger has reviewed over 1,500 physician contracts, and he can review up to two contracts for you (within a one-year window) for one low price, so you can compare competing offers head-to-head.
• Physicians rarely stay in one place throughout their career—especially these days. Roger can help you make a solid plan now, then be your ongoing resource as your needs and situation change over the years.
Topics we can help with:
• Assessing an opportunity with a hospital, private practice or managed care company. Making sure it’s a great fit, both professionally and personally.
• Thorough contract review: Knowing what’s considered a fair package, and what’s considered abusive. Points of clarification. Understanding the ramifications of specific clauses in a proposed contract.
• Setting short-term and long-term goals for your career. Finding positions that support those goals.
• How to conduct yourself in an interview and make the right impression. What to ask, what to say—and what not to say.
• Base pay, benefits, productivity bonuses. Fairness of call coverage. Clinical responsibilities. Non-complete clause. Malpractice insurance. What contract ‘fine print’ means to you.
• Researching a prospective employer—and their financial stability—before you sign on. Researching the community that you’ll be moving to. Getting your family on board for the transition.
• And much more. What are your questions, concerns and challenges? Remember, your physician career counseling sessions are 100% customized for your specific needs.
• Starting your own practice? Get personal coaching on practice management and efficiency, the right mix of services for ongoing profitability, and more.
• Already have your own practice? If your bottom line isn’t what it used to be, we’ll discuss hospital alignment and other options. We’ll even help you run the numbers on various scenarios, so you can make the right decisions.
• Buying in to a practice? If you’re considering becoming a partner, we’ll help you maximize your position and minimize the risks.
• Selling your practice? You don’t want to make any moves without a smart exit strategy. Learn how to assess offers, and walk away with the best possible compensation for a practice you worked hard to build.
Watch the video: Roger Bonds discusses Major Concerns About Your New Physician Contract
Did you know…‘tail insurance’ is not your responsibility. After you leave an organization, the employer is responsible for coverage on future claims made against you for prior patient treatment. Missing this point on your contract could cost you $30,000 or more!
Check out the PCA blog for smart and useful insights.
Download our latest PCA Brochure
Practicing Physician, Contract Review/Career Counseling $1,875.
Resident/ Fellow, Contract Review/Career Counseling $875.
Resident/ Fellow, CV Review $175.
Interview Prep $175.
For Practice Managers, Owners & Physician Recruiters:
Re-write Existing Physician Contract for Your Practice $1,995
Write a New Physician Contract for Your Practice $3,995
Practice Buy or Sell Consultation $8,000
Call 770-356-9541 for:
Physician Compensation Plan Review
Physician Manpower Plan
Interview and Screening Consultation
New Practice Start-Up Consultation