Recertified Medical Staff Recruiter (RCMSR)
If you possess the CMSR, then do not allow time to lapse and miss out on recertification. The initial CMSR designation is bestowed for a period of three years. During that time, recertification requirements must be achieved in order to continue the designation for an additional three years. This enhanced credential will document the professional’s ongoing commitment and experience, as well as provide credentials more advanced for the practice management professional’s career. It also exemplifies to current and future employers your dedication to the field.
This recertification program offers in-house medical staff recruiters/physician recruiters the opportunity to achieve a high level of professional standing through a formal certification process. Earning the RMSR will prove that you have demonstrated proficiency in the knowledge, skills and abilities required of a professional medical staff recruiter.
To qualify for recertification, credentials must be obtained within six months of CMSR expiration. The CMSR credential is initially valid for three years. After three years, recertification credentials will be Recertified Medical Staff Recruiter, or RMSR. This enhanced credential will document the professional’s ongoing commitment and experience, as well as provide credentials more advanced for the recruiter’s career. The RMSR credential is then good for an additional three years. To obtain recertification status, CMSR’s must have:
- Current employment in medical staff recruitment. You must include with this application an employment letter, denoting your position and dates of employment (signed by employer) and a resume of qualifying experience.
- Three full years as a Certified Medical Staff Recruiter (CMSR).
- Full completion of this Official Recertification Application and ALL supporting documentation.
- Over the past three years a total of 21 units calculated as: one unit for each quarter year full-time experience (up to 12 total units); one unit for each six hours of approved Continuing Education Units (no limit of units). If you do not have 21 units, one unit for professional contributions, awards and professional designations (up to two units each).
- Continued Membership in The Academy of Medical Management
- If you still do not meet the 21 units requirements, successful completion of the Current Examination will qualify you. A documentation letter from the employer(s) is required, as is CEU verification. CEU subject matter can be physician recruitment or other medical staff development area. CEU topics approved will be given some flexibility to better coincide with the professional’s customized career path as long as it is within the medical staff development arena. Decision of acceptance by the AAMM Certification Advisory Board is final.
Please note: Recruiters may elect to acquire Fellowship Credentials in addition to, or in place of recertification. (Fellowship in Medical Staff Development, FMSD)
|Apply Now Download Application|