Certified Administrator in Physician Practice Management (CAPPM)
The credential for practice managers who are at the top of their field. Thousands of your peers have already been awarded this highly respected credential from the American Academy of Medical Management. Having undergone this rigorous formal certification process demonstrates to employers that you possess senior-level, up-to-date skills and knowledge—qualities that merit increased pay, promotions, and long-term employment security. Now more than ever, the efficient and effective management of healthcare practices is crucial to maintaining American medicine’s high standard of care. The fact that you have taken on the challenge of certification speaks volumes about your commitment to that standard, and your integrity as a professional.
Requirements and Qualifications for Certification
I. PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION
Option 1: No Exam Option
- A minimum of 60 credit hours from AAMM programs within the last 3 years, including the Practice Management Intensive Training 5-day program.
- American Academy 5-day programs offer up to 35.75 hours. 2-day programs offer up to 13.75 hours.
- Copies of Certificates of Completion must accompany your certification application.
|View Seminar Dates|
Can’t attend a seminar? Click here to order self study CD/ DVD’s
Option 2: PMIT Plus Exam
(May be completed in any order)
- Successfully passing the CAPPM Exam
- You may sit for the exam at any time BUT Certification will only be awarded after 2 years of employment in physician practice management.
- Completion of Practice Management Intensive Training
- You must attend the 5-day Practice Management Intensive Training immediately preceding the exam
- A copy of your Certificate of Completion must accompany your certification application
- A minimum of 14 units of professional accomplishment
- All accomplishments must be relevant to medical practice management, and must have taken place within the past three years
- Written proof of accomplishments must accompany your certification application
Qualifying accomplishments include:
- Employment: one unit for each year of full-time employment in medical practice managment (up to 12 units) with partial units awarded for part-time employment
- Continuing Education: one unit for each accepted six hours of instruction (no limit)
- Professional Contributions: one unit for each hour taught or each page published (up to 3 units)
- Awards, Certifications and Professional Designations: one unit for each accepted item (up to 3 units)
- American Academy membership: one unit per year (up to 3 units)
- Association membership, one unit per year (up to 2 units)
- Options 1 & 2: A minimum of 2 years of experience in medical practice management
- A resume documenting this experience must accompany your certification application
- Current full-time employment in medical practice management
- An employment letter signed by your employer, denoting your position and dates of employment, must accompany your certification application
- Current Membership in the American Academy of Medical Management
|Join AAMM Renew Membership|
IV. APPLICATION SUBMISSION
- Full completion of the CAPPM Certification Application accompanied by all required supporting documentation
|Apply Now Download Application|